A practical skills and/or knowledge session designed to prepare students for pupillage.
This session will focus on the Employed Bar with speakers:
- Charles Coventry, Army Legal Services
- Lucinda Orr, Enyo Law
- Patrick Rappo, DLA Piper
- Jade Sodipo, Crown Prosecution Service
Registration Location: Bingham Room
Dress Code: Dark suits and Gowns
This event is open to Student and Pupil Members only.
Book online via the Gray's Inn Online System (GIOS).
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only): £6
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Legal Knowledge, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Explain how students can progress from the Bar Course to the Employed Bar, including the educational requirements and personal attributes required to succeed.
- Identify how professional life at the Employed Bar differs from self-employed practice.
- Describe how the skills and knowledge acquired on the Bar Course and in Pupillage are applied day to day in the context of the Employed Bar (with a focus on advocacy skills).
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.3, 1.4, 1.16, 1.17, 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 4.1.2, 4.4
Preparation required: No
To be awarded the QS for this event you are required to join the event on time and stay for the full duration of the event. Please enter your full name when joining the event so that we can record attendance and update the QS records accordingly. This can take up to two weeks.
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.