Summer Ball in the Walks
Booking has closed for this event.
The Gray's Inn Summer Ball in the Walks will be held in our new marquee this year!
Open to Members of all four Inns and their guests.
Location: The Walks
Dress: Black Tie
The evening will start at 7pm with a champagne reception followed by a 3 course dinner and midnight Breakfast.
Entertainment will include:
- Music from the Frank Griffith Jazz Band and The Diamond Skyline Orchestra nine-piece band
- Acclaimed silhouette artist Alison Russell will be cutting portraits
- Marco, a Member of the Magic Circle, will be performing close-up magic
- Funfair stalls, dodgems, and a DJ photobooth
- The Head and Tails Table Game
- The Diamond Ring Challenge
- Silent and Live Auction to raise money for the Scholarship Trust including lots:
- Judge’s robes worn by Emma Thompson in the film The Children Act
- Wig box with the character “Mrs Justice Maye” written on the outside
(robe and wig box donated by the producer of the film Duncan Kenworthy OBE)
- Signed copy of The Children Act, by Ian McEwan, and his latest book, Machines Like Me
(books donated by the author)
- Signed copy of Jilly Cooper’s bestseller Mount!
(book donated by the author)
- Harvest Party and Private Tour Mas Christine Winery
- Parterre Fragrances Perfume Workshop
- Case of Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste 2004
- Tour of the Supreme Court hosted by President of the Supreme Court
- 2 tickets to West Ham game, with access to lounge and tour of the ground
- 1 week stay in Two Bays Beach Villa, Cabier, Grenada for 6 people
- 4 night stay in Farm House in Northern France for 8 people
- Overnight stay for two people at The Royal Maritime Club & Hotel in Portsmouth including a full English breakfast
- Agate and Hardstone Beaded Necklace designed by Penny Pak
- Books donated by ‘The World's Legal Bookshop’ Wildy & Sons Ltd
A Short Book Of Bad Judges by Graeme Williams
Legal Research: A Practitioner’s Handbook 2nd Ed by Peter Clinch and Jon Beaumont
Court and Bowled: Tales of Cricket and the Law by James Wilson
Marshall Hall: A Law Unto Himself by Sally Smith
Advocacy: A Practical Guide by Peter Lyons
Booking is open now for members of all four Inns and their guests.
Apply for tickets via the Gray's Inn Online System (GIOS).
- Student members and members up to 3 years call of Gray's Inn: £75 (a maximum of 2 tickets may be purchased by each member
There are less than 30 discounted student tickets left and booking now is recommended
- Members of hall and Benchers of all four Inns: £150 (a maximum of 10 tickets may be purchased by each member - tables are for 10 people)
There are less than 130 full tickets left and booking now is recommended