University Advocacy Day
This Advocacy day is a unique opportunity for university students who are interested in a career at the bar and are not yet members of an Inn of court.
The day will offer an opportunity to meet and listen to what leading barristers say are the key elements of good advocacy; to participate in a facilitated case analysis, ethics discussions and finally, under the guidance of accredited advocacy trainers, to get on your feet and perform a bit of advocacy. Saturday evening will end with a reception hosted by judicial and barrister members of the Inn, all of whom sit and/or practise in all areas of law and at all levels.
Cost: Free with subsidised travel
- Talk on advocacy (Michael Fordham QC - Master of Students)
- Talk on scholarships (Nathalie Lieven QC - Chair of the Scholarships Committee)
- Talk on the role of the Inns (Director of Education - Quinn Clarke)
- Advocacy and ethics training in small groups from barristers
- Reception in Hall hosted by The Treasurer, The Honourable Sir David Foskett
Application deadline: 9am Friday 5 October 2018