Information on the Inn's response in relation to the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) will be regularly updated on this page.
This page was last updated on 27 March 2020.
Following the updated Government advice of 23 March 2020, Gray’s is having to take further measures on top of those already notified. Whilst all measures will be kept under review and in line with government guidance as it develops, the information below summarises the measures we are now having to take.
The safety of our Members, staff and visitors is our top priority and we remind all to follow Public Health England’s guidance.
Updates to our response will be published on our website and social media and we will notify our Members directly where possible.
We will continue to support our Members, and you can still get in touch with us by email and on the phone, however, please note that it may take a little longer than usual for us to respond to queries during this period due to amended working patterns for our staff.
If you're not sure who to get in touch with, please email enquiries to our general Gray's Inn inbox and one of our team will get back to you.
Support and Wellbeing
Members can continue to get involved with the Inn, complete key Qualifying Sessions remotely and access documents from the Library.
We understand this is a worrying time. If you need support or to talk to someone, you are not alone.
The Preacher is available to listen, in complete confidence. Email Bishop Michael Doe and he will send you his home phone number.
The Bar Council's Wellbeing at the Bar website is also a valuable resource, offering a confidential telephone support and counselling service, as well as a wide range of wellbeing fact sheets, videos, self-help programmes, interactive tools and educational resources.
Scholarships and Joining
- The Estate is currently closed to the public and no non-essential travel to the Inn should be undertaken.
- The Estate is operating 24/7 security and our Porters can be found in Gray’s Inn Square.
- Our Reception desk is closed but the team can be contacted by email.
- No deliveries should be made to the Inn other than for essential items.
- The Library is closed but will operate a remote enquiry and limited document supply service to members. The other Inn Libraries are also offering reduced services and you are advised to contact them directly to check how they can assist. All Inn Libraries have waived their charges for these services and document delivery will be free at this time. None of the Inns’ libraries will be opening on Saturdays. Please contact the Library by email between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Please also note the following:
- The Education Department office is closed but they are still working to deliver Qualifying Sessions, handle applications to join the Inn and apply for Scholarships and other key services. Please contact Education by email.
- The Walks are closed until further notice other than to residents, and tenants. We would ask those using the Walks for the purpose of exercise to respect the guidance given by Government concerning social distancing.
- We aim to deliver all forthcoming Qualifying Sessions on the date and time scheduled for those registered, however they will be delivered remotely, possibly as a live stream. Refunds will be arranged for cancelled events and for Qualifying Sessions which no longer have the collegiate element.
- All other events are cancelled until the end of May 2020. Where possible, we will reschedule some events to a later date.
- Events in June are currently on hold and bookings are suspended. We will review the status of July events closer to the time.
- Lunch in Hall and the Bridge Bar are closed until further notice.
- We are having to cancel overnight accommodation for next 3 weeks to prevent our cleaners having to travel in to the Inn by public transport. We are not currently taking bookings during the period to the end of June 2020.
Please check our Events pages for updates on individual events.