Information on the Inn’s response in relation to the Covid-19 virus (Coronavirus) will be regularly updated on this page.
This page was last updated April 2022.
Details of our current service in line with government guidance can be found below.
All measures are kept under review and in line with government guidance as it develops.
The safety of our Members, staff and visitors is our top priority and we remind all to follow Public Health England’s guidance.
Updates to our response will be published on our website and social media and we will notify our Members directly where possible.
On this page:
- Contact us
- Gray’s Inn, COVID Guidance
- Covid-19 Risk Assesment
- Covid-19 Emergency Fund Appeal
- Support and Wellbeing
We have been awarded the industry standard ‘We’re Good to Go’ accreditation from Visit England, meaning our venue has been recognised as one that can open safely and follows current government guidance.
- All visitors must apply hand sanitiser on arrival at the Gray’s venue and wash their hands frequently when here. There are additional sanitising stations positioned throughout the Inn buildings.
- To assist with NHS test and trace, we encourage guests to download the NHS Test and Trace app prior to their arrival.
- Our staff supporting events will be wearing facial coverings (unless exempt). Attendees at events are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings when in corridors and other confined spaces.
- Our cleaning team will sanitise and clean our facilities at intervals during events.
- Windows and doors are open in all rooms where practical to help with airflow.
- Our Gray’s Inn catering and event staff have completed COVID-secure training.
- Staff members are testing regularly in line with government guidelines.
- We strongly recommend and encourage all those attending events at the Inn undertake a lateral flow test at least 24 hours beforehand.
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend and contact the Events team immediately so that they may cancel your booking.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact our events team who will be delighted to provide assistance.
The following tools are intending to support all businesses keep people safe from the risk of COVID-19.
The tools have been created by a team of Health & Safety experts from Frankham Risk Management Services Ltd.
The following includes the measures we have implemented in order to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 and keep our guests safe during their stay with us and whilst using our facilities.
A Covid-19 Emergency Fund Appeal has been launched on behalf of the Barristers’ Benevolent Association and the Inns for members of the Bar adversely affected by Covid-19 and the closure of the courts. All four Inns have contributed generously to this appeal and those eligible for their support should visit the BBA website for more details.
- Read the full appeal and complete a donation and gift aid form (PDF)
- Read the letter from the Treasurer released 21 April 2020
Your donation could make a very real difference.
We understand this is a worrying time. If you need support or to talk to someone, you are not alone.
The Preacher is available to listen, in complete confidence. Email Bishop Michael Doe and he will send you his home phone number.
The Bar Council’s Wellbeing at the Bar website is also a valuable resource, offering a confidential telephone support and counselling service, as well as a wide range of wellbeing fact sheets, videos, self-help programmes, interactive tools and educational resources.