We run a full and varied Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for established practitioners.
Gray's Inn is accredited by the Bar Standards Board to provide CPD for barristers at the Bar of England & Wales. Our Provider ID is 1379; this number should be referenced whenever claiming CPD hours for attendance at a CPD event accredited by Gray's Inn.
Often open to members of the other Inns, events include evening lectures, debates, Q&A panel sessions and all day conferences. Previous topics have included:
- Birkenhead VIII on freedom of speech (the annual Birkenhead Lecture)
- Magna Carta
- The European Court of Human Rights (as guarantor of a peaceful public order in Europe)
- Parliament and the Supreme Court
- Law in Action by BBC Radio 4 (a special edition to mark the programme's 30th anniversary)
- The Jens Soering case
- Coats of Arms and Trade Marks
- Human Trafficking
- The annual Birkenhead Lecture in 2013, ‘Justice in One Fixed Place or Several’ presented by the Lord Chief Justice the Hon Lord Thomas, is available for free; listen online at BBC Radio Four.
Events are sometimes run in collaboration with other academic and educational organisations, societies and bodies.