As part of the process of becoming an approved pupil supervisor, you must attend a Briefing Session. These are held regularly at the Inns and on Circuit, and typically start at 5:00pm and finish at 9:00pm. The session is accredited with 3 CPD hours.
A Briefing Session consists of a mixture of presentations and discussion (problem solving) sessions to prepare you for life as a pupil supervisor. Topics can include:
- Experience of Pupillage (both chambers’ and a pupil’s perspective)
- Employed Bar Pupillages
- Rules Governing Pupillage Supervision
Dates and booking
The next sessions at the Inns are:
- Inner Temple: Thursday 4 May 2017 (Booking closes on 3 April 2017)
- Gray's Inn: Tuesday 4 July 2017
- Lincoln's Inn: September 2017 (Exact date TBC)
- Middle Temple: November 2017 (Exact date TBC)
As a Gray’s Inn member, you must use the form below to contact us directly to book a place on any of the above sessions, regardless of where they are being held. One week prior to the session you will be sent further details, together with pre-course reading material, by the Inn hosting the Briefing Session.
You can also attend a session held on Circuit; please contact your Circuit administrator for session dates and further information. Until we receive an attendance list from these sessions on Circuit we will be unable to process your application.