See the main Qualifying Sessions page for further details regarding the different types of QSs.
Popular events sell out quickly so we advise you book early to avoid disappointment.
- Michaelmas Term booking opens in September
- Hilary Term booking opens in December
- Easter Term booking opens in March
- Trinity Term booking opens in April
If you are a barrister member, you may book and pay up to 4 clear working days before an event.
If you are student member, you may book and pay up to 5 clear working days before an event.
Booking is via the Gray's Inn Online System (GIOS).
If you are a student or barrister member, you can book and pay online for most events including Qualifying Sessions (QSs). The online booking system will also allow you to view which sessions you have booked as well as a history of previously attended QSs. Benchers and barristers no longer requiring QSs are welcome and encouraged to join students and dine in Hall on QS nights.
To book online you require:
- your membership number (found on your membership card)
- your password (emailed to you once admitted to the Inn)
- keep your password and membership card safe
- ensure you have your membership card with you whenever you visit the Inn; you may be asked to produce it by a member of staff
- not allow your membership number to be used by anyone else; it is unique to you
- request a forgotten passwords via the online booking system
Please note that the following QSs are by email invite only, they cannot be booked online or via the Registrar:
- Introductory events
- Education Weekend
- Residential weekends
Other ways to book
Benchers wishing to attend an event should book via Michelle Clark in the Treasury Office.
You may also book QSs by submitting, along with payment, a hard copy booking form. You can submit by post or in person at the Education Department. Before booking QSs in person at the Education Department please check the Department's opening hours.
There are three types of event to which you may invite guests:
- Concert Night
- Guest Night
- Mattins and Sunday Lunch
The Inn reserves the right to limit the number of student guests allowed at any events; notice will be given in advance should this occur.
- You will not be given a refund if you book an event, but choose not to attend
- If you are unable to attend an event due to illness, a doctor’s note must be provided in order for a refund to be issued
- You may be entitled to a refund in exceptional circumstances when notice is given at least 4 clear working days before the event