Ann Goddard Pupillage Scholarships
Awarded in 2015:
Ann Felicity Goddard Scholarship
Application and deadline
Applications must be made via our online scholarship application system by the below deadline. You will be required to create an account if you are a new user. If you are using the system in Internet Explorer 9 or above, please ensure you disable ‘compatibility view’ before starting an application.
An application for a Hebe Plunkett Award (for disabled students and pupils, in particular those who are blind or partially sighted, requiring financial assistance on the GDL, the BPTC or during pupillage) can also be made in tandem with your Ann Goddard Scholarship application.
The next Ann Goddard Pupillage Scholarship application period:
- applications will open on Wednesday 30 November
[previously 21 November 2016 - the opening date for applications has been delayed due to technical issues and we apologise for any inconvenience]
- closes 11 January 2017
If shortlisted, you will be interviewed in February (exact interview dates are published on the application form).
- you must arrange for two references - one academic and one from your pupil supervisor
- both your references must also be received by the application deadline
Before starting an application, and to find out more about references, conditions and the application process, please read our conditions for applicants and scholars. Please also ensure you read all the guidance contained within the application form itself.
- The Inn will accept applications from members currently undertaking pupillage training in publicly funded work in whole or in substantial part.
- The Ann Goddard Scholarships will be awarded on merit in the first instance. Once the successful scholars have been determined, the Inn will carefully consider the financial circumstances of each scholar to determine the amount of each award.
- Conditional upon successful candidates having passed the BPTC examinations unconditionally at their first attempt
HHJ Ann Felicity Goddard QC
- Endowed by a legacy left to the Inn by the late Master Ann Goddard for the support of pupil barristers undertaking training in publicly funded areas of law
- HHJ Ann Felicity Goddard QC (1936-2011), called 1960, a Bencher of the Inn and Senior Circuit Judge at the Old Bailey