Mr Justice Fordham is the King’s Bench Division Liaison Judge to the Northern and North Eastern Circuits. He is Master of Students at Gray’s Inn.
Location: King’s Chambers, Manchester
Date and registration time: Tuesday 7 November, 5pm
Who can attend: This event is open to student members of the Inn, barristers and guests
Dress code: Dark suits
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £3
- Barristers and Guests: £5
- Benchers: £5
How to book
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Advocacy Skills
1. Consider the use of language in the development of a convincing and effective oral advocacy style
2. Discuss approaches to the delivery of oral submissions that are clear, well-organised and persuasive.
3. Discuss effective professional conduct in in courts and tribunals.
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.8, 1.15, 1.17
Preparation required: No
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.