The Birkenhead Lecture on ‘The Future of the Legal Profession’ will be delivered by The Right Hon Lady Dorrian, Lord Justice Clerk and President of the Second Division of the Inner House of the Court of Session.
Location: Hall and online
Date and registration time: Tuesday 14 November, 5.30pm. Please come to the student entrance.
Who can attend: Open to all
Dress code for in-person attendees: Dark suits (no gowns)
- Students (Gray’s Inn student Members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £8
- Barristers (from 3 years of Call), Benchers and other guests: £15
Cost online: £5
May count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for barristers: view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD
How to book
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).Book now
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Legal knowledge, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Analyse concepts and principles in relation to the rule of law, the administration of justice and the Bar of England and Wales.
- Contribute to legal debate and discussion.
- Develop legal knowledge and understanding through discussion with practitioners.
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, 4.1
Preparation required: No
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.