A Mixed Messes talk on ‘After Covid and Brexit…Recovery and the Justice System‘, delivered by Mark Fenhalls KC.
Mixed Messes provide an opportunity to engage one to one or in small groups with Members of Hall.
This evening begins with a drinks reception where you can meet and later dine in groups of four (a mess) with barrister and judicial members of the Inn. Dinner is preceded by a talk given by a guest of the Treasurer.
Location: Benchers’ entrance
Date and registration time: Tuesday 25 October, 5.30pm
Who can attend: Open to all Members of the Inn
Dress code: Dark suits and Gowns
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £18
- Barristers (from 3 years of Call) & guests: £25
- Benchers: £30
Cost online (online attendance is only available for Circuit students or transferring qualified lawyers):
- Circuit students / transferring qualified lawyers only: £6
May count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for barristers: view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD
How to book
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).Book now
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Legal Knowledge, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Analyse concepts and principles in relation to the rule of law, the administration of justice and the Bar of England and Wales
- Contribute to legal debate and discussion
- Develop legal knowledge and understanding through discussion with practitioners
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, 4.1
Preparation required: No
To be awarded the QS for this event you are required to join the event on time and stay for the full duration of the event. Please enter your full name when joining the event so that we can record attendance and update the QS records accordingly. This can take up to two weeks.
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.
This event will also be delivered remotely using Zoom for Circuit students and TQLSs only. A link to the join the event will be sent by email 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Please ensure you have joined before the session is due to start.