Mixed Messes provide an opportunity to engage one to one or in small groups with Members of Hall.
This evening begins with a drinks reception where you can meet and later dine in groups of four (a mess) with barrister and judicial members of the Inn. Dinner is preceded by a talk given by a guest of the Treasurer.
October’s Mixed Mess talk will be delivered by Professor Elizabeth Treasure on ‘What does a Vice-Chancellor do and is it possible in the 21st century?’
About Professor Elizabeth Treasure
Professor Elizabeth Treasure is Vice-Chancellor at Aberystwyth University. She worked as Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University (2010-17) and Dean of Cardiff Dental School (2006-2010).
She is Vice-Chair (Wales) Universities UK and was as an Independent Member of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board. She is on the UCEA board negotiating national pay for the sector.
Location: Benchers entrance
Date and registration time: Tuesday 3 October, 5.15pm
Who can attend: Open to all Members of the Inn
Dress code: Dark suits and Gowns
In recognition of the benefit Members of Hall provide to the education and professional development of our student members at Mixed Messes, tickets for barrister Members over 3 years call are currently free of charge.
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £18
- Barristers (from 3 years of Call): Free
- Benchers: £30
- All Members: £6
May count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for barristers: view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD
How to book
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).Book now
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Consider the leadership and strategic challenges faced in Higher Education to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand the policy and regulatory environment within which Higher Education Institutions operate and the associated challenges
- Understand the leadership challenges within UK Higher Education
Preparation required: No
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.