Semi final of the annual Gray’s Inn Moot Competition.
The Gray’s Inn Moot Competition begins each November and mooters participate in 4 competition rounds over the course of the academic year.
Registration Location: Benchers’ entrance
Dress code: Dark suits and Gowns
Competition participants only take part in this moot.
The Education department will be in contact via email to those who have progressed to the semi final.
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only): £12
If you sign-up to participate in the competition, you must be able to commit to all four dates below:
- Round 1 – Thursday 2nd December, 5.45pm – Online
- Round 2 – Friday 21st January 2022, 5.45pm – In Person
- Semi-final – Monday 21st March 2022, 5.45pm – In Person
- Final – Monday 9th May 2022, 5.45pm – In Person
Please email the moots team if you have any queries.
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS (for mooters only)
Theme: Advocacy Skills
- Construct arguments through research, analysis and application of legal principles.
- Demonstrate confidence in advocacy and apply feedback from judges and moot coaches.
- Apply inter-personal and communication skills to prepare oral presentations both independently and/or as a member of a team
- Practice responding to judicial interventions.
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 3.4, 4.1
Preparation required: Yes
To be awarded the QS for this event you are required to join the event on time and stay for the full duration of the event. Please enter your full name when joining the event so that we can record attendance and update the QS records accordingly. This can take up to two weeks.
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.