A fantastic opportunity for prospective students considering a career at the Bar.
We hold this event in person at the Inn twice a year.
The application process is now open for the March 2023 University Advocacy Day.
Location: Gray’s Inn
Date and time: Saturday 25 March, 12.30 – 7.30pm
Cost: Free (subsidies for travel available)
Who can apply: Any university student interested in a career as a barrister
What to expect on the day
Throughout the day, you will –
- Hear what qualities leading barristers think make an effective advocate
- Put you own advocacy skills into practice and receive feedback from barristers
- Engage and network with likeminded students and Inn members of all seniorities
Before applying, students should note:
- Places are limited. We will confirm whether an application has been successful after the deadline.
- We receive more applications than places. If you are not offered a place, this does not represent a judgement on your suitability to this profession. Do not let this put you off applying for a future Advocacy Day or from pursuing a career at the Bar.
- The Inn will subsidise travel. Successful applicants will be informed of the amount of subsidy available.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Not have attended a University Advocacy Day previously.
- Not be a member of an Inn of Court.
How to apply
Complete the application form by the application deadline of 9am on Thursday 16 February.