The post of the Chaplain, later often known as the Chapel Reader, was established in 1315 (the Chapel predates the Inn), and amalgamated with that of the Preacher in 1928. A list of Chapel Readers from 1569 is available to search.
This is the list of the Stewards and their successors, the Under-Treasurers. The post of Steward is evidenced from at least 1520 and was re-thought as that of Under-Treasurer in 1899 as part of the general reform of the Inn.
This is an account of the development of the post of Head Porter, known as such from 1720, and crucial since that date in the security of the Inn.