Gray's Inn

Post-War Reconstruction

1960

On 11 May 1960 the rebuilt Chapel was re-dedicated by the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Rt Rev Geoffrey Fisher, thus bringing to an end the Inn's post-war reconstruction.

Of the non-residential buildings, the Hall had been reopened on 5 December 1951 by HRH the Duke of Gloucester and the first dinner was served on 16 January 1952.

The Library was reopened on 15 Dec 1958 by the Prime Minister, the Rt Hon Harold MacMillan.