Robert Warden Lee (1868-1958)
Master R.W Lee was an eminent scholar of Roman-Dutch Law and member of this Inn. A short but detailed description of his life can be found in Graya No.47 1958 (PDF) written by Professor F.H Lawson D.C.L.
The Lee Collection
The Library holds a collection of items donated by Master Lee as part of a bequest; the Lee Collection, as it is now called, contains many old and possibly rare items. If you would like to look at any of these items please speak to a member of Library staff.
Life & work of Master Lee
- Called to the Bar at Gray’s Inn – 1896
- Fellow of Worcester College, Oxford – 1903-14
- Chair of Roman Dutch Law, University College London – 1906-1915
- Rhodes Professor of Roman-Dutch Law, Oxford – 1921-56
- Bencher of Gray’s Inn – 1934
- Treasurer of Gray’s Inn – 1945
- Fellow of All Souls College
- Reader to the Council of Legal Education
- Fellow of the British Academy