Lunch and Dining in Hall
Take a look at today's lunch menu.
Lunch in Hall is open to:
- All Members and Student Members of the Inn
- Barrister members of all 4 Inns of Court
- Tenants, occupiers and employees of Gray’s Inn
- Guests and invitees of any of the above categories
Lunch in Hall is not open to members of the general public.
Discounts are available for students and pupils of the Inn.
Dining in Hall, whether you are a student member gaining a Qualifying Session, a post Call barrister member or a Bencher of the Inn, is an integral part of life at the Inn and has been for centuries. The Inn strongly encourages all members to participate in life at the Inn and regularly dine after they have been called to the Bar.
Lunch in Hall
- You can request waitress service during lunch for an extra £1.00 per person
- Advance booking is recommended for groups of 5 or more, please contact the Banqueting department or Hall Butler to book
- Other than on the Benchers' table, children over the age of 8 are welcome to attend lunch if accompanied by a supervising adult
- A main course is £11.50 and dessert is £4.20
- For student and pupil members (discounted prices) a main course is £9.50 and dessert is £3.10 (Member ID required)
- Minimum card payment is £5.00
- A full price list is available at the entrance to Hall
Benchers can be charged to their Bencher accounts if requested.
For further information or to make a lunch booking please contact the Inn’s Banqueting Department on 020 7458 7960.
Dining in Hall
To dine in Hall during term, student and barrister members must book Qualifying Session (QS) events online (if admitted from 2005 onwards) or via the registrar in the Education Department. Benchers wishing to attend an event should book via Michelle Clark in the Treasury Office. Anyone wishing to attend a non-term keeping Sunday lunch should book via Michelle.
If you are a student member, you can only book during specific booking periods throughout the year. If you are a barrister member who has been called, you may book up to 4 clear working days before an event.
Please see the Qualifying Sessions main page for details of the various events which take place in Hall.
You can find full details of the rules regarding dining in Hall in the Inn’s rules (part II, section 13 for barrister members and part III, section 14 for student members).