Lunch and Dining in Hall
Lunch in Hall is open to:
- All Members and Student Members of the Inn
- Barrister members of all 4 Inns of Court
- Tenants, occupiers and employees of Gray’s Inn
- Guests and invitees of any of the above categories
Lunch in Hall is not open to members of the general public.
Student members of all 4 Inns can enjoy a 20% discount on food in Hall! (Please present your student membership card). Discounts are also available pupils of the Inn.
Dining in Hall, whether you are a student member gaining a Qualifying Session, a post Call barrister member or a Bencher of the Inn, is an integral part of life at the Inn and has been for centuries. The Inn strongly encourages all members to participate in life at the Inn and regularly dine after they have been called to the Bar.
Lunch in Hall
Lunch is available in Hall Monday to Friday, 12:15 to 14:30 (last entry at 14:00) during term. You can find a daily lunch menu on the Inn’s Banqueting website.
- You can request waitress service during lunch for an extra £1.00 per person
- Advance booking is recommended for groups of 5 or more, please contact the Banqueting department or Hall Butler to book
- Other than on the Benchers' table, children over the age of 8 are welcome to attend lunch if accompanied by a supervising adult
Fill in a feedback form when you next enjoy lunch in Hall and be in with a chance of winning a bottle of champagne!
- A main course is £11.50 and dessert is £4.20
- For student and pupil members (discounted prices) a main course is £9.50 and dessert is £3.10 (Member ID required)
- Minimum card payment is £5.00
- A full price list is available at the entrance to Hall
Benchers can be charged to their Bencher accounts if requested.
For further information or to make a lunch booking please contact the Inn’s Banqueting Department.
Hall will be closed for lunch on:
- 21 December 2.30pm to Monday 7 January 9am (Christmas closure)
Dining in Hall
To dine in Hall during term, including booking Qualifying Sessions, members can book and pay online via the Gray's Inn Online System (GIOS):
Benchers wishing to attend certain events should book via Michelle Clark in the Treasury Office.
You can find full details of the rules regarding dining in Hall in the Inn’s rules (part II, section 13 for barrister members and part III, section 14 for student members).