New Honorary Benchers
Congratulations to the following newly elected Honorary Benchers!
Pension agreed unanimously on 17 October 2019 to the election of the below Honorary Masters of the Bench of this Society.
Royal and Honorary Bencher appointments are elected from non-members of outstanding public eminence and distinction or who have rendered great service to the Inn.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States)
- Mr Sean Hagan (Former International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) General Counsel)
- Sir Iain Macleod (Legal Adviser, Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
- Dame Janice Pereira (Chief Justice of Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court)
- Justice Helen Winkelmann (Chief Justice of New Zealand)
Elections for Royal and Honorary Benchers are held during Michaelmas term each year. See Masters of the Bench for the full list of current Benchers.