Congratulations to the following newly elected Honorary Benchers!
Pension agreed unanimously at their meeting on 19 October 2022 to the election of those named below as Honorary Benchers of The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn:
- Mr William Charnley – Partner at King & Spalding
- Mr Robert Bodnar-Horvath – Business Fellow of the Inn
- Ms Loretta Minghella OBE – Master of Clare College, Cambridge
- Professor Rachael Mulheron KC (Hon) – Professor of Tort Law and Civil Justice, Queen Mary, University of London
- Rev Prof Philip McCormack MBE BD MTh PhD (Qub) PhD (Cran) PFHEA FCMI – Principal Spurgeon’s College
- Chief Justice Persefoni Panayi – Chief Justice of the Republic of Cyprus
- The Hon. William Shawcross CVO – A British writer and commentator, Commissioner for Public Appointments
Pension further agreed unanimously at their meeting on 20 July 2022:
The Treasurer moved, and it was ordered, in accordance with Standing Order 13:28, that Brigadier Anthony Harking OBE (“Tony Harking”), former Under Treasurer, be elected as an Honorary Bencher of The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn under the Fast Track procedure.
Honorary Bencher appointments are elected annually. A full list of Honorary Benchers can be found on our Masters of the Bench page.