The South Eastern Circuit Bar Mess Foundation Advanced International Advocacy Course, at Keble College, Oxford, is an excellent opportunity for barristers to develop their advocacy skills to the highest standards.
Up to 5 Scholarships are available for Gray’s Inn Members.
Dates: Tuesday 30th August 2022 until Saturday 3rd September 2022 (concluding at 5pm)
Location: Keble College, Oxford
Equivalent to 33 CPD hours, 9 Advocacy hours (view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD)
The Inns of Court offer funding for up to five of their members practising as barristers in publicly funded work, towards the cost of attending the Keble Advanced Advocacy Course.
- have membership in good standing of Gray’s Inn
- currently practise as Barristers and hold current practising certificates
- have practised for at least three full years (not including pupillage) and no more than seven
- have successfully completed the compulsory New Practitioners advocacy course with one of the four Inns or on Circuit
- be members of the South Eastern Circuit (application for membership may be made at the same time)
Course and scholarship application
Places are limited. The application deadline is Friday 10th June 2022.
To apply for a scholarship towards the course from Gray’s Inn:
- complete the course application form and scholarship application form
- send your completed course application and scholarship application to Aaron J Dolan, The South Eastern Circuit, Suite 23, 30 St Dunstan’s Street, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8HG, or by email (scanned copy of the signed original) to Aaron Dolan