Summer Ball in the Walks
Booking has closed for this event.
Over 60% of tickets have been sold to The Gray's Inn Summer Ball in the Walks!
A night to remember
13th July at 7pm
Members of all four Inns and their guests are invited to join us for this spectacular evening.
The opportunity to enjoy a Summer Ball at the Inn does not come around very often - the last Ball was 6 years ago!
So make the most of this year's extravaganza, grab some friends, and come along for an evening in the Walks you will not forget.
A limited number of discounted tickets for Gray's Inn student Members are still available. Don't miss out!
Keeping you entertained
As well as enjoying the Champagne reception, 3 course dinner and midnight Breakfast, you'll have a fun-filled night with:
- Music from the Frank Griffith Jazz Band and The Diamond Skyline Orchestra nine-piece band
- Acclaimed silhouette artist Alison Russell will be cutting portraits
- Marco, a Member of the Magic Circle, will be performing close-up magic
- Funfair stalls, dodgems, photobooth and a DJ
- The Head and Tails Table Game
- The Diamond Ring Challenge
- Silent and Live Auction to raise money for the Scholarship Trust including lots:
- the judge’s robes worn by Emma Thompson in the film The Children Act
- the wig box with the character “Mrs Justice Maye” written on the outside
(robe and wig box donated by the producer of the film Duncan Kenworthy OBE)
- a signed copy of The Children Act, by Ian McEwan, and his latest book, Machines Like Me
(books donated by the author)
- A signed copy of Jilly Cooper’s bestseller Mount!
(book donated by the author)
- Harvest Party and Private Tour Mas Christine Winery
- Parterre Fragrances Perfume Workshop
- case of Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste 2004
- tour of the Supreme Court hosted by President of the Supreme Court
- 2 tickets to West Ham game, with access to lounge and tour of the ground
- 1 week stay in Two Bays Beach Villa, Cabier, Grenada for 6 people
- 4 night stay in Farm House in Northern France for 8 people
- An overnight stay for two people at The Royal Maritime Club & Hotel in Portsmouth including a full English breakfast.
- Books donated by ‘The World's Legal Bookshop’ Wildy & Sons Ltd
A Short Book Of Bad Judges by Graeme Williams
Legal Research: A Practitioner’s Handbook 2nd Ed by Peter Clinch and Jon Beaumont
Court and Bowled: Tales of Cricket and the Law by James Wilson
Marshall Hall: A Law Unto Himself by Sally Smith
Advocacy: A Practical Guide by Peter Lyons