The Advocate’s Gateway International Conference 2017
The Advocate’s Gateway Second International Conference will take place on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd June 2017 and will be entitled: Access to Justice for Vulnerable People.
Access to justice and the removal of barriers to ensure effective participation of vulnerable people in the justice system is increasingly recognised as a major global concern.
Research over the past decade has demonstrated that trials involving vulnerable witnesses and suspects need to be approached in an appropriate and effective way by all parties, the courts, and the judiciary.
This second international conference led by The Advocate’s Gateway and funded by The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA), will explore the access to justice combining and expanding interdisciplinary research and practitioner knowledge to encourage innovation and best practice. The aim is to support an international network to share knowledge and practice and the proper presentation of such cases globally.
This conference will facilitate the exchange of perspectives, ideas and strategies between jurisdictions and disciplines.
Call for Proposals
We particularly welcome papers and presentations from legal practitioners, individuals with direct experience, policy makers, legal advisors, advocates, judges and health and social care professionals at all stages and aspects of the legal process. As well as academic experts and PhD candidates whose research includes the areas listed within the guidance.
For full details please read the "Call for proposals - submission guidance"
Deadline for submission is midnight Sunday 26 February 2017
- The Rt. Hon Lady Dorrian QC, Lord Justice Clerk, Scotland
- Professor Penny Cooper, Chair of The Advocate’s Gateway, Barrister and Academic Associate 39 Essex Chambers
- Dr. Jessica Jacobson, Director of ICPR, Birbeck, University of London
- Professor Ray Bull, Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester. Visiting Professor at the University of Portsmouth and Professor of Criminal Investigation at the University of Derby
- The Rt. Hon Lord Justice Gillen, Northern Ireland
Book your place via The Advocate's Gateway website