Sponsored by The Hon Michael Beloff QC, a Master of the Bench and Treasurer in 2009, this competition was founded in 2009 for an essay on a selected subject in Administrative Law.
This competition awards a winning prize of up to £1,000!
The winning author will be invited to include their essay in the Gray’s Inn Student Law Journal.
“Does the Human Rights Act 1998 need amending?”
- Open to student members of the Inn or any members of the Inn who have been called to the Bar for less than twelve months (as at the submission deadline)
- Applicants may not have already gained a Michael Beloff Essay Prize
- This is an individual competition (no teams may enter)
- Your essay must be 3,000 to 5,000 words (including footnotes) – essays below or exceeding these lengths will not be considered
- The essay must be your original composition
- Your essay must be signed using a pseudonym
- Your essay must conform to this style guide (PDF)
Your essay must be submitted by midnight on 2 September 2022.