The Michael Beloff Essay Prize 2017/18
Applications are open for The Beloff Essay Prize!
Sponsored by The Hon Michael Beloff QC, a Master of the Bench and Treasurer in 2009, this competition was founded in 2009 to award a prize of up to £1,000 for an essay on a selected subject in Administrative Law.
The winning author will be invited to include their essay in the Gray’s Inn Student Law Journal.
Should you have any queries, please email the scholarships team.
What does the Miller case tell us about the role of the executive in our constitution?
- Open to student members of the Inn or any members of the Inn who have been called to the Bar for less than twelve months (as at the submission deadline)
- Applicants may not have already gained a Michael Beloff Essay Prize
- This is an individual competition (no teams may enter)
- Your essay must be 3,000 to 5,000 words (including footnotes) - essays below or exceeding these lengths will not be considered
- The essay must be your original composition
- Your essay must be signed using a pseudonym