[Closed] The Michael Beloff Essay Prize 2018/19
Submissions are open for The Beloff Essay Prize! Sponsored by The Hon Michael Beloff QC, a Master of the Bench and Treasurer in 2009, this competition was founded in 2009 for an essay on a selected subject in Administrative Law.
This competition awards a winning prize of up to £1,000!
The winning author will be invited to include their essay in the Gray’s Inn Student Law Journal.
'Should the courts defer to the Government when judging proportionality under the Human Rights Act 1998?'
- Open to student members of the Inn or any members of the Inn who have been called to the Bar for less than twelve months (as at the submission deadline)
- Applicants may not have already gained a Michael Beloff Essay Prize
- This is an individual competition (no teams may enter)
- Your essay must be 3,000 to 5,000 words (including footnotes) - essays below or exceeding these lengths will not be considered
- The essay must be your original composition
- Your essay must be signed using a pseudonym
- Your essay must conform to this style guide (PDF)
Your essay must be submitted by midnight on Monday 1 October 2018.