The Michael Beloff Essay Prize 2016
Applications for the Essay Prize are now closed. The deadline for submissions was Monday 29 February 2016.
Sponsored by The Hon Michael Beloff QC, a Master of the Bench and Treasurer in 2009, this competition was founded in 2009 to award a prize of up to £1,000 for an essay on a selected subject in Administrative Law. The winner will have a considerable achievement to add to their CV!
Deadline for submissions: Monday 29 February 2016.
To what extent have our courts adopted a coherent approach to proportionality?
- Open to student members of the Inn who are seeking pupillage, or any members of the Inn who have been called to the Bar for less than twelve months (as at the submission deadline) and are seeking pupillage
- Applicants may not have already gained a Michael Beloff Essay Prize
- This is an individual competition (no teams may enter)
- Your essay must be 3,000 to 5,000 words (including footnotes) - essays below or exceeding these lengths will not be considered
- The essay must be your original composition
- Your essay must be signed using a pseudonym