Vacancy - Chief of Staff
The Inn is seeking a Chief of Staff to support the Under Treasurer (CEO). This role is to ensure the coordination and effective management of all the essential activities of the Inn. This is a new coordinating role to have a foot in all departments and to ensure each one operates to serve the collective interests of the Inn as detailed within The Inn’s strategic plan.
Department: Under Treasurer
Hours: Full time, 35 hour working week
The Inn offers a generous package of annual leave and other benefits, including free lunches during legal terms.
Holiday: Full-time staff have 20 days leave, 8 bank holidays and 13 discretionary days leave at Christmas, Easter and Whitsun
Pension Scheme: Gray’s Inn contributes 8% if employee contributes 4% - an employee has the right to opt out of the scheme
Chief of Staff Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help coordinate Inn wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency and success
- Coordinate strategic business initiatives and guide to completion
- Supervise daily operations and help oversee projects of high importance
- Manage the Inn's calendar and ensure deadlines are being met
- Work with and/or lead cross-functional teams
- Be a go-between for staff, department heads and the Under Treasurer
- Assist the Under Treasurer with internal communication, attending to staff needs, ensuring any problems are resolved
- Keep the Under Treasurer informed on the Inn climate including employee wellbeing, the status of projects, new proposals etc.
- A creative and results driven thinker, an excellent problem solver, possessing first class interpersonal skills to manage staff effectively
- Experience in a leadership/management role
- Strong business minded and strategic planner, with an ability to analyse and compile large swaths of data to present effective reports
- A team player who is self-motivated and self-sufficient but willing to give advice and make recommendations
- Experience in project management essential
The application deadline is 24 October 2018.
Gray’s Inn is an equal opportunities employer.