Vacancy - Compliance and Member Services Officer
Compliance and Member Services Officer
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £26-28k (based on skills and experience)
Gray’s Inn is one of the four Inns of Court which have the exclusive right to call men and women to the Bar of England and Wales. We have a diverse membership spanning from our student members just starting out on the path to a career at the bar, through to our pupil, new practitioner and senior barrister members and members of the judiciary. The Inn exists to support, educate and develop both its aspiring and practising barrister Members in accordance with its historic traditions.
Gray’s Inn is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Compliance and Member Services Officer to assist with all operational management of the Inn’s admissions and memberships processes, including quality management and continuous improvement. This includes all aspects of regulatory compliance to ensure barristers Called to the Bar of England and Wales by Gray’s Inn are qualified in all respects.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Manage digital and paper records to improve data quality and ensure GDPR compliance
- Assist with the implementation of policies relating to compliance and members services
- Ensure accurate student records are maintained
- Support the event management of Call, student intro events and other events as directed by the Compliance and Member Services Manager or Director of Education
- Support in the processing and data input of admissions
- Ensure effective communication within the Education and Training Department and other departments within the Inn
- Provide reporting services on student attainment and events
- Ensure enquiries are managed promptly and effectively
- Ensure complaints are escalated promptly, in accordance with the Inn’s policy
- Answer enquiries relating to all areas of Education Department business promptly or escalate to the relevant manager
- Identify improvement opportunities, including greater digitisation
- Assist with projects and teams in accordance with project terms of reference and deadlines
- Support projects as required
- Support the Compliance and Member Services Manager in the conduct quality checks on member documentation and data
- Identify best practice within areas of responsibility and make recommendations for service improvement
- Undertake professional development under the direction of the Compliance and Member Services Manager
- Contribute to team meetings
- Support the internal training and upskilling of colleagues in relation the management of records and finance
- Be a champion for fairness, equality and diversity
Required / preferred skills
- A good eye for detail
- Experience in the management of personal data
- Experience of working in a regulated or Higher Education environment
- Works well to deadlines
- Good IT skills including experience of MS Office and databases
- Good time management skills
- A team-player
- Willingness to work evening and weekends
- Good customer service skills
The position is full time for 35 hours per week. The Inn offers a generous package of 33 days annual leave in addition to 8 bank holidays, free lunch during legal terms and a staff pension.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your CV to recruitment at Gray's Inn (quoting reference – CMS – in the heading).
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2020.