Vacancy - Purchase Ledger Clerk (Part Time)
Vacancy - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Hours: Part time, 21-24 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Due to an internal promotion the department wishes to recruit a purchase ledger clerk to work in its Finance team. This team consists of an accountant, assistant accountant and purchase ledger clerk reporting to the Director of Finance. It is responsible for a wide variety of tasks including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, VAT returns, cash and bank accounting and the production of management accounts. These tasks are undertaken within four legal entities (including charities and a pension fund) and this provides an additional range of complexity.
Required / Preferred skills
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Previous experience in finance departments in general and with a purchase ledger specifically
- Diligence and an eye for detail to ensure the transactions are processed quickly and accurately
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook) and experience of working with standard accounting software packages. The Inn uses the “Exchequer” package.
- Most importantly the candidate must be a team player willing to help across the wide range tasks which the department faces. Common-sense and an outgoing personality are vital.
The full time equivalent package which the Inn offers is as follows:
- A salary of £33,000 pro rata
- Pension contributions of 8% (subject to the employee contributing 4%)
- 33 days holiday pa (as well as bank holidays) pro rata
- Free staff lunch
Please note that Gray's Inn is not accepting applications directly. Contact Timewise Jobs with queries.
The Inn is looking to employ someone for between 21 and 24 hours per week over three or four days. In the medium term there will be the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and, potentially, longer hours if it suits both parties.
To apply please send your CV and supporting statement highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the Timewise Jobs board.
Applications close on 4 February 2020.