Vacancy - Registrar
Start Date: Position is open with immediate effect
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: To be advised
Essential Skills, Qualities, Characteristics
Required and / or preferred:
- Solid work background with the use of databases & online event booking systems
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Outlook specifically
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- An eye for detail – accuracy
- Developed organisational skills
- Time & Group Diary management skills
- Diplomatic and discrete
- Unquestionable integrity
- Notable levels of fairness, flexibility, empathy and humour [plays well with others]
- Ability to work well autonomously and in teams
- Some night and weekend work required
- A Level / degree level Education
Responsibilities specific to the Registrar’s role are as follows:
Primary responsibility for registering, reporting and maintaining the record of attendance for education and training events and courses
- General Education Dept Queries / Reception
To be the first port of call on the phone and in person for Education Department reception.
- Office Orders
Maintain office stock.
Arrange overseas trips for senior members of the Inn.
To manage the online registration system, including accepting and accounting for payment for Qualifying Sessions, CPD and other events at the Inn. To record and maintain the permanent record of students’ Qualifying Sessions on the Magic database.
- Admissions & Call
To work in a team to administer admissions for Inn membership. To maintain records.
- Magic - Data - Automation
To undertake training, keep abreast of new developments and deliver online services w/regard to registration for training and events for students.
- Pupil Course
To work in a team to administer education and training courses for students, pupils and new practitioners.
To work in a team to administer the application, screening and interviewing of candidates for scholarships. To maintain records. To liaise with potential and existing scholars and other supporting members of the Inn. To ensure that publications are readily available and kept up to date.
To work in a team to administer outreach initiatives, e.g. university student visits, advocacy training sessions and tours of the Inn.
- General Admin
To work as a member of the team in administering other necessary functions.
- Individual & Uni Visits
To conduct tours of the Inn and inform prospective members about the path to the barrister profession.
- Records (Education)
To maintain records of students.
- Time off in lieu for hours worked above 35 in a week. [specific schedule to be agreed w/Director of Education]
Holidays 33 days * and 8 statutory bank holidays.
*13 days of which are normally to be taken when the Inn is closed over the Whitsun - 4, Easter - 4 and Christmas holidays - 5]
- Lunch in Hall [except when the Hall is closed for summer recess – approx. 6 weeks]
- Pension Scheme [Gray’s Inn contributes 8% / Employee contributes 4% - employee has the right to opt out of the scheme]
Closing Date for Applications
The closing date for applications is 19 July 2019.
To apply, email recruitment at Gray's Inn with your covering letter and CV.
Please call Celia Newman on 0207 458 7806 for further details on the role.
Date posted: 11 July 2019