Bar Course Residential Scholarships
A Residential Scholarship means you can be fully involved in the life and community of the Inn.
15 Residential Bar Course scholars share 4 flats, each with 3 to 4 bedrooms and located within the Inn's estate. Bar Course Residential Scholarships are for students studying full-time in London on:
- Bar Courses commencing in September of each year (tenancy runs from September to July)
- The second part of two-part Bar Courses commencing in either September or March each year (tenancy runs from September to January, or from March to July).
We are unable to accept applications for Bar Course Residential Scholarships from students commencing their Bar Course in January.
The next application period for 2022 Bar Course Residential Scholarships:
- opens Friday 21 January 2021
- closes at midnight on Friday 18 February 2022
If shortlisted, you will be interviewed March 2022 (exact interview dates are published on the online application form).
Residential Scholarships can only be applied for through the Bar course application process. All Bar course applicants will be informed in January whether they have been shortlisted for interview. Applicants invited to interview will be given details on applying for a Residential Scholarship at this point.
Residential Scholarships are awarded in addition to the Bar Course scholarships (the value of Bar Course scholarships is not offset by the value of Residential Scholarships).
Candidates for Residential Scholarships will be assessed according to:
- need, financial and otherwise and
- commitment and ability to support and enhance the life of the Inn.
We are happy to announce that applicants for our Residential Scholarships will also be eligible to apply for a further award – the Chapel Scholarship. The successful Chapel Scholar will be awarded an additional £3,000 during their residency. The Chapel Scholar will be responsible for the smooth running and security of the Gray’s Inn Chapel before, during and after all public services.