Join us for a half day conference in Nicosia, as part of the Inn’s visit to Cyprus.
Keynote speakers: Sir Stephen Irwin, His Honour Judge Milwyn Jarman KC, Ali Malek KC, Pavlos Panayi KC and 2023 Treasurer, Lady Justice Nicola Davies.
We are very pleased to announce that we have additional panel members taking part as well:
- George Arestis Cyprus’ first judge in the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg and a Teaching Fellow at the Law School of UCLan Cyprus;
- George Z. Georgiou, Managing Partner of George Z. Georgiou & Associates LLC, regularly instructed to provide advice on the enforcement of foreign judgments in Cyprus, the obtaining of urgent interim orders and international commercial litigation matters;
- Nikitas E. Hatzimihail – Professor of Private Law, Comparative law and Legal History, Department of Law, University of Cyprus and;
- Stavros Pavlou – Senior & Managing Partner at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC, repeatedly listed as a recommended lawyer and leading individual in dispute resolution, corporate and commercial law in Cyprus.
Panel discussions on:
- the challenges and rewards of developing a cross jurisdictional practice;
- practising law in two equal languages and for two different legislatures;
- the Commercial Bar and international arbitration and mitigation;
- coming to the Bar and the Judiciary from a non-traditional background;
- the skills a barrister develops in advocacy, cross examination and drafting;
- national security and the law and more.
Co-sponsored by the Law Department, University of Cyprus.
Open to students interested in pursuing a career at the Bar, as well as all Gray’s Inn Members in Cyprus.
Cost: Free to attend
Location: Amphitheatre B108, University House “Anastasios G. Leventis”, University of Cyprus (Nicosia)
Date and time: Saturday 8 April, 9.30am – 3.30pm.
Registration: Opens from 9.30am
Refreshments will be provided to all attendees throughout the day.
How to book
Please complete the below form to register your place.
Booking closes Wednesday 5 April.