In addition to usual Library services, we also offer students:
- Bar manuals and other introductory law texts (you can search our online catalogue)
- Free WiFi for you to access your law school’s intranet and course materials online
- Help with legal research – professional Library staff can assist in person, by telephone or e-mail
- Quiet, professional environment conducive to study
- Tours of the Library any time of the year, to fit in with your timetable (check our opening hours before you visit) or view a virtual tour of the Library
- Discounted document supply service for students
Contact us if you have any queries.
The titles featured below are all available in the Library and can be located – along with many other texts concerned with legal education – in the Legal Skills section of the classified textbook sequence under classmark 21.3 in Bay II.
The Inn’s Resources page has several Graya News articles published there that have been written by experienced practitioners and offer concise, practical guidance on some of the fundamentals of advocacy.
We also recommend looking at The Gray’s Inn Student Law Journal (GIJ), which is an annual collection of legal essays, articles, case-notes and book reviews on any legal subject written by student members of the Inn.
Access to Law – legal resources that have been selected and annotated by Inner Temple Library
The Bar Council – represents the Bar community in England and Wales and has dedicated pages to assist you with your career to the Bar
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) – regulates barristers in England and Wales and has lots of support and information for how to qualify as a barrister, as well as the latest BSB Handbook which includes the Code of Conduct for barristers and BSB education and training requirements
Chambers Student – provides information and reviews to students with regards to training schemes at leading law firms, life inside top barristers’ chambers, and feedback from students about the law schools they attend
Current Awareness – a blog from the Inner Temple Library providing up-to-date information on new case law, changes in legislation and legal news from England and Wales.
Lawbore – developed by the City Law School, this legal portal has a topic-themed guide to the legal web, multimedia law tutorials, and a careers blog
Lawyer2B – an online guide to a career in law, including the latest news, vacancies, courses, and details of specific law firms and schools
Legal Cheek – the UK’s leading news source for junior lawyers and law students