Please see our Covid-19 page for the latest updates on the Inn’s response in relation to the Covid-19 virus (Coronavirus).
You can get in touch with us by email and on the phone.
- Reception is open weekdays 8.30am to 5pm
- The Porters’ Lodge is open and provides security 24 hours a day 365 days of the year
- The Education Department is open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- The Library is open Monday to Friday 9am – 8pm. The four Inns operate a rota on Saturdays)
- The Bridge Bar is open Monday to Friday, 8am – 11pm
- Lunch in Hall is open Monday to Friday, 12.15pm – 2pm
- The Walks are open to the public weekday lunchtimes, 12 – 2.30pm
- The Chapel is open for prayer and quiet contemplation and services. It is operating a remote Chapel support service. You can access this by emailing the preacher.
- Gates are closed at night with porter access for residents
2022 Bank Holiday Closures
The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
8 South Square
Click to enlarge the detailed map of the Inn (PDF) below for the location of specific buildings and entrances.
Chancery Lane (Central line) is the closest Underground station to the Inn. Use exit 1 and continue straight for about 80m to find the main entrance on your right.
Holborn (Central and Piccadilly lines) is a short walk away (approx. 0.4miles / 500m). Use the British Museum & High Holborn exit and turn right. Continue walking towards Chancery Lane station for approximately 7-8 minutes. You will find the main entrance to the Inn on your left shortly before you reach Chancery Lane station.
Farringdon station (National Rail and Underground (Hammersmith and City, Circle and District lines)) is a 9-11 minute walk away.
King’s Cross station (National Rail and Underground (Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria, Hammersmith and City, Circle and District lines)) is short taxi, bus ride or a 20-25 minute walk away.
Routes 8, 25, 242 and 521 stop at Chancery Lane Station:
- stop E travelling towards St Paul’s or Chancery Lane
- stop F travelling towards Tottenham Court Road
Routes 17, 45, 46 and 341 stop at Bus Gray’s Inn Road:
- stops A & B travelling towards King’s Cross or High Holborn / Chancery Lane Station
- stop C travelling towards Aldwych or St Paul’s
Routes 19, 38, 55 and 243 stop at Gray’s Inn Road:
- stop CA travelling towards Angel or Old Street
- stop CP travelling towards Aldwych or Tottenham Court Road
The Inn is within the Congestion Charge zone.
The lowest archway, which leads into South Square via the main entrance, Lady Hale Gate, at High Holborn, is 3.1m/10ft 5” (usually big enough for a transit type van).
The Inn has cycle racks in Field Court and by Verulam Buildings. Bicycles must not be locked to any railings within the Estate.
The Transport for London cycle hire docking stations closest to the Inn are on Red Lion Street and Holborn (A40, towards St Pauls).