Mixed Messes provide an opportunity to engage one to one or in small groups with Members of Hall.
This evening begins with a drinks reception where you can meet and later dine in groups of four (a mess) with barrister and judicial members of the Inn. Dinner is preceded by a talk given by a guest of the Treasurer.
Location: Benchers entrance
Date and registration time: Thursday 22 February, 5pm
Who can attend: Open to all Members of the Inn
Dress code: Dark suits and Gowns
- Students (Gray’s Inn student members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £18
- Barristers (from 3 years of Call) & guests: Free
- Benchers: £30
- All Members: £6
May count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for barristers: view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD
How to book
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).
Online attendance: To validate your online attendance and to have your QS awarded, you will be asked to give us a brief description, in 100 words of the lecture and what learning outcomes you took from it. This is now compulsory.
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Legal knowledge, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Analyse concepts and principles in relation to the rule of law, the administration of justice and the Bar of England and Wales.
- Contribute to legal debate and discussion.
- Develop legal knowledge and understanding through discussion with practitioners.
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, 4.1
Preparation required: No
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.