University Advocacy Day applications are now open.
We are currently accepting applications for the following University Advocacy Days:
- Saturday 18 September
- Saturday 23 October
The deadline to apply for both is 9am on Thursday, 12 August 2021.
The Advocacy Day on 18 September will be online. The Advocacy Day on 23 October is planned to take place at the Inn, subject to any government restrictions.
Before applying, please note the following:
- This is the application form for both September and October Advocacy Days. You will be asked to state a preference
- Places are limited. We will confirm whether your application has been successful after the deadline
- We receive more applications than available places. If you are not offered a place, this does not represent a judgement on your suitability to this profession. Do not let this put you off applying for a future Advocacy Day or from pursuing a career at the Bar
- The Advocacy Day format is the same whether online or at the Inn. The exception is the drinks reception, which concludes the Advocacy Day at the Inn but is not part of the online Advocacy Day
- For Advocacy Days that take place at the Inn, the Inn will subsidise travel. Successful applicants will be informed of the amount of subsidy available
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Not have attended a Gray’s Inn University Advocacy Day previously
- Not be a member of an Inn of Court