We are delighted to note that after an election process Gray’s Inn Member, Master Caroline Rees has been appointed as Leader of the Wales and Chester Circuit for a period of three years.
The Circuit Leader’s – or Arweinydd y Cylchdaith’s – primary duties are:
- to promote and represent the professional interests of its members and of the legal profession as a whole;
- to assist with consultation undertaken in connection with the law or the legal profession;
- to provide professional education and training and assist with continuing professional development;
- to promote and maintain the highest professional standards in the practice of law;
- to promote a Circuit ethos and provide opportunities for social exchange involving its members and others concerned with the practice or administration of law;
- to serve the public interest.
Master Rees was called to the Bar by Gray’s Inn in 1994, before developing her practice as a specialist in serious crime. She was elected as Master of the Bench in 2021.