The XV Birkenhead Lecture on “National Security and the Law” delivered by David Anderson, Baron Anderson of Ipswich.
Location: Hall, student entrance
Date and registration time: Monday 14 November, 5.30pm
Who can attend: Open to all
Dress code: Dark suits (no gowns)
- Students (Gray’s Inn student Members only) and barristers within 3 years of Call: £8
- Barristers (from 3 years of Call), Benchers and other guests: £15
Cost online (online attendance is only available for Circuit students or transferring qualified lawyers):
- Circuit students / TQLs only: Free
Equivalent to 1 CPD hour (view the Bar Standards Board guidance for CPD)
Book online via the Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).Book now
Qualifying Session (QS): 1 QS
Theme: Legal Knowledge, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Analyse concepts and principles in relation to the rule of law, the administration of justice and the Bar of England and Wales.
- Contribute to legal debate and discussion.
- Develop legal knowledge and understanding through discussion with practitioners
This QS relates to the following elements of the Professional Statement for Barristers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, 4.1
Preparation required: No
Please see Qualifying Sessions for further information.
This event will also be delivered remotely using Zoom for Circuit students and TQLSs only. A link to the join the event will be sent by email 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Please ensure you have joined before the session is due to start.