This scheme aims to support our student Members who need financial support to travel to an in-person Qualifying Session or Marshalling. Bursaries awarded will be for travel and/or accommodation to be used at the applicant’s discretion.
Students studying the Bar Course on Circuit (outside of London) can apply on one occasion during their Bar Course. London based students can only apply for this financial assistance to travel to a Residential Education Weekend held outside of London.
Who can apply:
This scheme is open to current Bar Course or GDL students, who are studying either full or part-time with a course provider outside of London.
To be eligible to apply for this travel assistance, you must:
- have a place booked on a QS at the Inn, Marshalling or a Residential Weekend for which they require travel assistance.
- Apply at least 10 working days prior to the QS
- have not applied before
- have not already achieved an award of pupillage
- provide a statement of hardship
How to apply:
Applications can be made using the form below.
If you are awarded a travel bursary, attendance at the Session will be required. You will be required to repay the Inn if you do not attend the event.
Reimbursement rates relating to Student Residential Courses will vary depending on location.
The process is as follows:
- Book a place on the Qualifying Session or Marshalling and await confirmation of your place.
- Use the webform (below) to apply for travel assistance and submit at least 10 working days
prior to the session.
- You will be informed in writing whether you have been successful in qualifying for travel
- Once you are informed of the Inn’s decision you should book your travel ticket and/or accommodation
- Submit a copy of receipt(s) to the Inn