All callees please note:
- the dress code is dark suits with a court shirt and bands, or a court shirt and collar with bands, or a collarette, and a barrister’s gown
- you can a hire or purchase barrister’s gown for the ceremony
- no wigs are required – the photographer will have wigs available if you would like to be photographed in one
All callees must wear a barrister’s gown over a dark suit with either:
- a white winged-collar shirt and starched bands. The shirt may be a tunic court shirt with attachable wing collar or a regular plain white wing-collared shirt (no pleats, no black buttons). Standard collared shirts are not suitable.
- a collarette over a white top
- a white tunic or mandarin court shirt and collar with bands
You must hire or buy a barrister’s gown for the day in advance. You can hire a barrister’s gown, and bands if appropriate, online from the following companies. Please do this as soon as possible, we advise 6 weeks prior to the ceremony.
- Marston Events – this company attends on the day of Call to provide the gowns hire and photography service. We will provide you with a link to book these ahead of the ceremony once your place is confirmed.
- Stanley Ley
- Ivy & Normanton
- Ede & Ravenscroft
Please ask your guests to dress as they might if attending a university graduation ceremony, i.e. smart daywear.