Skip to content

To replace your Call Certificate, please complete the form below.

We advise you to update your details prior to requesting a duplicate Call certificate. To update your details and contact preferences, please visit your GIOS account (Gray’s Inn Online System):

Member login: Gray’s Inn Online System (GIOS).

  • If any information you supply on this form does not match with the Inn’s record, you will be contacted by the Inn. 

    Fields marked * are compulsory. Your information will be used in accordance with the Inn's Data Privacy Notice.

  • This is the name, including any middle name/s, which the Inn should hold on record for you. This is normally the name submitted on your application for admission to the Inn, as it appears on your passport. If you have since changed your name with the Inn, please provide your current name and state your admitted name in the 'Further Information' section. Please be aware, that your Call certificate will be issued in the name you were called in.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
    If known
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • If known
  • Cost: 

    • £10 plus postage
    • Postage incurs an additional charge (£5 recorded delivery within the UK)
    • You may collect in person free of charge

    You can make payment:

    • in person at the Education Department (by card, cheque or postal order)
    • over the phone (by card)
    • by post to: The Education Department, 8 South Square, Gray's Inn, London, WC1R 5ET (cheque or postal order only)
  • Your certificate will be sent recorded delivery.
  • If you wish to add any relevant information, please do so here.
  • Submit request

    Please press the button below to submit your duplicate Call certificate request. You will receive a confirmation email.

    Should you have any queries please email the Registrar .


    This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Find out more

Call to the Bar in Other Jurisdictions

Information for those intending to practice in another jurisdiction


Register your pupillage with the Inn and the Bar Standards Board (BSB) as soon as possible


Get in touch with the Inn

Let us know your feedback

"*" indicates required fields

WeeklyMonthlyYearlyThis is my first visit
YesNoJust browsing
Not at all likelyUnlikelyNeutralLikelyVery likely