The Inn’s Management Committee is responsible for the general management of the business of the Inn in accordance with the policy and directions given by Pension.
It is also responsible for co-ordinating the Inn’s affairs.
The Masters of Finance, Administration, the Estate, the Library and the House are normally drawn from the members of the Committee. The Treasurer and Vice-Treasurer are always members of the Committee.
You can find the Management Committee’s constitution, duties and powers in Order 3 of the Inn’s Standing Orders.
2023 Committee Members
- Master Richard Atkins (Master Chairman)
- Master Colin McCaul (Master Vice Chair & Lead for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Master of Administration)
- Master Nicola Davies (Treasurer)
- Master Peter Coulson (Vice Treasurer)
- Master Duncan Matthews (Master of Education)
- Master Roger Eastman (Master of the Estate and Bencher Liaison to the Barristers’ Committee)
- Master Lucy Theis (Deputy Master of the Estate)
- Master Tim Ward (Master of Finance)
- Master Alexander Duma (Deputy Master of Finance)
- Master Richard Price (Master of the House)
- Master Jayne Adams (Master of the Library)
- Master Kirsty Brimelow (Master of Modern Records)
- Master Richard Whittam (COIC Trustee/Representative)
- Birgitte Hagem (Barristers’ Committee’ Rep, GIBC Chair)
- Victoria Ellis (Barristers’ Committee’ Rep, GIBC Vice Chair)
- Under Treasurer
- Director of Finance
- Director of Estates
- Director of Education
- Director of Library Services
- Chief of Staff
The Committee’s meetings are usually held between 8:30am and 9:30am at approximately fortnightly intervals on Friday mornings during the Law Sittings.