Association of Gray's Inn Students (AGIS)
Once you are a student member of the Inn, you automatically become a member of the Association of Gray’s Inn Students (AGIS). There is no entrance fee or subscription.
The AGIS Committee is comprised of current BPTC students elected by student vote in early Michaelmas Term. Members of the AGIS Committee serve as representatives at BPTC providers both in London and on Circuit. Committee members also serve on the Student Affairs Committee of the Inn. A full copy of the AGIS constitution can be found in appendix C of the Inn’s standing orders.
The aims of AGIS are:
- to promote, co-ordinate and represent the interests and activities of Gray's Inn students
- to provide a medium for the communication of opinions between the students and the Bench of Gray's Inn and between the students of Gray's Inn and the providers of the BPTC
- to promote co-operation among members for social, cultural and intellectual purposes
Exciting events undertaken by this year’s AGIS:
- The implementation of a debating society
- A pub quiz in the Bridge Bar
- A panel event celebrating the centenary of the sex disqualification act, chaired by Lady Hale
- A 1960’s themed party (following the Education Weekend)
News and contact
To receive the latest announcements regarding news and events please regularly check the Inn's News and look out for emails (current BPTC students will receive emails from AGIS). Should you have any enquiries, ideas or suggestions for AGIS, please use the form below. Your input and involvement are always welcome!