The Association of Gray’s Inn Students (AGIS) represents the student members of Gray’s Inn.
AGIS will champion your rights, liaise with both the Inn and your BPTC provider and arrange social activities throughout the year.
Elections - Results are in!
Every year new members of AGIS are elected by you, for you.
AGIS elections for the 2019-20 committee closed at midnight on 22 September. Thank you to all those who ran for office.
Please see below for a list of your representatives.
2019 - 20 AGIS Committee
- President: Harry Samuels
- Vice-President: Rosanna Martin
- Treasurer: Lisa Bowles
- Social Secretary: Lara Al-Wakeel
- Publicity Officer: Elena Johnson
- Student Law Journal Editor: Harrison Edmonds
- Mooting and Debating Officer: Aisha Naeem
BPTC Provider Representatives
City Law School rep – Bhavjeet Badesha
UoL London rep – Rawlings Ujah
BPP London rep – Hajar Sayed-Hossen
Nottingham Law School rep – Hannah Weatherill
MMU rep – Sara Zaib
BPP Manchester rep – Alex Graham
UOL Birmingham rep – Teresa Simms
BPP Birmingham rep – Sarah Turner
Northumbria rep – Laura Callaghan
BPP Leeds rep – Kelly Gallagher
UOL Leeds rep – Emma Shiels
UWE rep – Sharyade Dookhee
BPP Bristol Rep – Joe Broadway
Cardiff rep – Christine du Plooy
- GDL Officer: Chris Meiring
- The President has ultimate responsibility for the Committee's activities and events and represents the Committee by attending the Inn’s Barrister and Student Committee meetings
- The President is the chief liaison between the Committee and the Education Department
- The Vice President is the organisational heart of the Committee
- Along with the President, the Vice President also attends the Barrister and Student Committee meetings
- The Vice-President will deputise for the President of the Committee when required
- The Treasurer is responsible for the annual budget allocated to AGIS and is the primary liaison between the Committee and the Inn’s Director of Education and Accounts Department as the bank with regard to recording and management of the AGIS accounts
- The Secretary is the organisational heart of the Committee and is primarily responsible for ensuring smooth administration throughout the year
- In the absence of a Vice-President, the Secretary acts as deputy for the President
- The Secretary manages the organisation of committee meetings including distributing an agenda and keeping minutes
- The Secretary also sits on the Barrister's Committee
- The Publicity Officer's chief role is to produce and distribute publicity and to market AGIS events
- The Editor is responsible for publishing and editing the Gray’s Inn Student Law Journal, a bi-annual collection of legal articles written by members of Gray’s Inn and uploaded on the Inn’s website
- The Mooting and Debating Officer's role includes organising internal mooting and debating events, and facilitating the participation of student members in external mooting and debating competitions
- Representatives, both at the London providers and on Circuit, create and maintain channels of communication between the Inn’s Education Department, the Bar course providers and students
- The GDL officer will promote the interests of GDL members to the committee